Spotify is Hiring an Experiential Marketing Manager!
Spotify is looking for a creative live music marketing manager and producer that will join our growing specialist team to bring the story of our global community to life through experiences that connect music makers, fans and local scenes.
Based on user behaviors, our department develops scalable strategies and toolkits that help teams present our brand, program and product offerings in the physical world. You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to extract the unique proposition of our editorial programming voice and build scalable solutions to help internal teams deliver live experiences across all our territories. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences live music via Spotify.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Your head will be in the Experiential team, but both feet will be in the Programming team (content curation), one arm in the consumer marketing team and the other arm in content insights.
- Work cross functionally with a variety of music, tech, data, content and marketing stakeholders who are developing and refining our playlists, content aggregation, editorial development and communication.
- Collaborate to develop live extensions (concerts, performances, installations) that amplify these messages and organize the presentation of these concepts to the wider organization for buy-in and integration.
- Brand manage any programs from various departments that connect with fans and artists in a live environment.
- Think macro and long term, often in advance of the rest of the business. We operate in live music industry timelines which require significant planning and artist commitment.
- Take in multiple sources of inspiration, internally and externally, to creatively develop and produce models that allow teams in many territories to deliver the brand live to consumer audiences with consistency and scale – maintaining that same editorial vision.
- In some cases, you may take on the role of producing the project or tour directly.
- Analyze each execution/series to develop ideas further to expand efforts or change direction along an evolving roadmap.
- Deliver guidelines, best practices and retrospectives to grow business understanding, find gaps and create space to experiment in further iterations.
- Serve the global business as a representative of the Brand and Creative team by example and proof of concept.
- Connect the dots for people who are vertically oriented and maximize cross-functional potential behind projects.
- This role will be based in London OR New York City
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a deep understanding of the global live music landscape, various genres and sub-genres, music history, key players, production vendors, talent and experiential agencies and where short, a quick solution on where to find trusted information.
- You are experienced working with business-minded music programmers or supervisors, as well as radio/TV program directors, label promotions teams and artist agents and managers. You can talk the talk and walk the walk.
- You have creatively developed and ran various live music tours/series in multiple markets that you can tell us about.
- You will be a thought leader inside the organization and people will look to you for ideas – especially when it comes to live music and programming.
- You will know all of our curated franchises inside and out and become deeply immersed with the people behind them.
- You are well networked and keep your ear to the ground to follow cultural movements that bring a grounded perspective to the work.
- You are also a part of a specialized experiential team working across brand, product, culture, artist, 3rd party and revenue based growth opportunities for the business.
- You care about the fan because you are a fan. You seek and deliver authentic experiences that aim to create lasting emotional memories for the creators and lovers of music.
- The role requires a moderate level of global travel
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.